State of Florida Approved
Mold Assessor & Remediator Licensing Exam
Our Mold Assessor and Mold Remediator Licensing Exam is approved by the State of Florida Mold Services Division. There is one set of training material for both Assessor and Remediator. There is one exam that covers both licenses. Assessors need to know remediation in order to write protocols. Remediators need to understand how to assess, as 3rd party assessments are often not provided and sometimes not adequate.
Our program has the following features and benefits:
- We offer entirely free online anytime training. There are no classroom courses to attend or to pay for. No books to buy.
- FREE required training in water intrusion, mold and respiratory protection is included. The only cost is the Exam.
- FREE 14 hours of Mold Continuing Education credits (for mold exam students only.)
- Exam is “OPEN NOTES”. Passing score is 70%.
- Coursework is tailored to working in the State of Florida as well as Nationwide and covers applicable:
- Mold Toxins and Mold Health
- Green Chemical-free Remediation Procedures
- Standards of Practice: EPA/IICRC
- Report Writing & Protocol Development
- Moisture Intrusion
- Why Mold After Dry-out?
- Focus is on the practical aspects of mold assessment and remediation
- Top training course in FLA
- One exam retake is allowed at no additional charge. But if you study the online training and understand the online exam review questions, most people pass the first time.
TWO OPTIONS FOR EXAM/TRAINING
- Online training and 1 day Exam review class and exam is offered in Ft Lauderdale monthly; and in Orlando and Tallahassee every 2 months. See list of upcoming courses.
- The training and Exam cover both Assessment & Remediation. Exam cost including live Exam Prep Training is $500 per license. $1000 for both licenses. (One exam covers both licenses.)
- To sign up,CLICK HERE.
- We offer an advanced 2 day in-person training every 2-3 months in South Florida.
- $1000 for either Assessor or Remediator License. Or $1500 for both.
- The 2 day advanced training is a super set of the 1 day review program. CLICK HERE to Download a detailed description of what we cover in the 2 day advanced training.
- To sign up, CLICK HERE.
1 Day Review Class with State Exam
- Our Mold Assessor and Mold Remediator Licensing Exam is approved by the State of Florida Mold Services Division. There is one set of training material for both Assessor and Remediator. There is one exam that covers both licenses. Assessors need to know remediation in order to write protocols. Remediators need to understand how to assess, as 3rd party assessments are often not provided and sometimes not adequate.
- Study the FREE online training at your own pace. Then on Exam Day, we do an in class Exam Review, with the Exam at the end of the afternoon.
- Bring your own computer to take the exam.
- When you do our online training and pass our State Approved Exam, that is what you need to apply for your license along with your required experience and State application.
- The State Requires 4 years related experience with no particular higher education just a high school diploma; or 1 year related experience with a 2 year degree or higher in any of the sciences. See the DBPR application.
- Instructions for more information. Your experience in Home Inspection, contracting/remodeling, water damage restoration, insurance adjusting, plumbing, AC for example can qualify.